The Central Arkansas Chapter of the Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance will be awarding scholarships for the 2016 – 2017 academic year. The scholarships will be awarded to undergraduates or graduate students who:
- Shall be either part-time or full-time student pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting; and
- Shall have completed a minimum of 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours at the time that the application is signed with a declared accounting major with a minimum 3.0 GPA on 4.0 scale; and
- Shall be attending an accredited college, university or professional school of accounting; and
- Need not be a member of the Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance (AFWA); and
- Applicant shall be a student in an Arkansas college or university or an Arkansas resident attending college outside the state.
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please complete the attached application and return it along with a copy of your official college transcript(s), financial aid transcript (if available), letters of reference, current resume and employment history to:
ATTN: Candice Cole
AFWA Central Arkansas Chapter
c/o EGP, PLLC
P.O. Box 906
Bryant, Arkansas 72089
All applications must be typed. All applications and attachments must be postmarked no later than October 31, 2016. Only completed applications with all attachments will be considered for a scholarship award. No consideration will be given to material that is not postmarked by October 31, 2016. No consideration will be given if application does not have original signature.
Successful applicants will be notified of the amount to be awarded in January 2017.