GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Support the accounting processes in a multi-company environment to ensure accuracy of financial data through fundamental understanding of general ledger accounting, finance and tax. Basic understanding of financial data, journal entries, trial balances, reporting models, flow of financial information and intercompany relationships is also required to advance the financial reporting processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure accuracy of GL and accounting objectives by coding and reviewing all expenditure activity.
· Maintain knowledge of journal entries and effect to the financial statements.
· Basic understanding of inter-company relationships, trial balance to financial statement relationships, generally accepted accounting principles and cost accounting.
· Possess basic knowledge and implications of tax issues.
· Maintain knowledge and support of all subsystems to effectively communicate within the Accounting department, as well as, across company departments.
· Maintain, approve, and transmit invoices and related coding requirements daily.
· Knowledge of accrual based accounting, and the applicable accounting principles.
· Prepare, reconcile, and analyze monthly worksheets, reports, and investigate variances to validate the accuracy of the financial records.
· Support the budget and monthly analysis for adjustments as needed.
· Support the monthly margin and financial statement review processes.
· Proficient use of excel in order to effectively manage large volumes of data.
· Assertive decision-making skills.
· Ability to communicate through verbal and written correspondence with all levels of management, employees, and outside contacts.
· Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending and participating in appropriate training.
· Ensure company confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc.
Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 0 to 6 months related experience and/or training.
Or equivalent combination of education and experience.